Here is a review of the all new Royal Enfield interceptor 650 2021 BS6 version. I this variant, the power and torque remain the same- 648 cc parallel twin motor with a balanced shaft to cancel out all the vibrations. Power also remains the same with 47 bhp of max power, 52 Newton meters of Max torque, six speed gearbox and a fuel injection via six compliant engine.
The major change in this new variant is the tyres. Earlier, we used to get Pirelli tyres. But now we get Ceat zoom Cruz tyres. This has happened because of the pandemic, the supply of the components imported have reduced drastically. Another change is the black rim. Earlier the Rims were white. Now all the Interceptors will come with a Black Rim which looks much sportier than before. The tyres are still with the tube and we don’t get Tubeless tyres. The tyre sizes are 100/90-18 up front and 130/70-18 at the rear.
The front fender is also changed to black color opposed to the chrome in previous versions.
Make it your own concept.
Now you can customize your motorcycle from the Royal Enfield website. Things you can change or add are –
- Colors – Select the color that you like the best. Interceptor comes in 7 different colors.
- Orange Crush
- Ventura Blue
- Canyon Red
- Baker Express
- Sunset Strip
- Downtown Drag
- Mark Two
- Mirror – Change the mirror from a chrome default to a touring matt black Mirror for INR 4750
- Oil Filter Cap – Select Oil filter cap in Black and Silver color for INR 900
- Reservoir Cap – Buy a reservoir cap in Black or Silver color at INR 700
- Others –
- Black Handlebar Brace pad – INR 600
- Black Swing Arm Bobbins – INR 900
- Black Suspension finishers – INR 1250
- Silver Bar End Finishers – INR 1100
- Black Heel Guard – INR800
- Black Handle bar Clamp – INR 1950
- Seat – Buy a Touring seat for INR3300
The company should have included the LED Setup on this motorcycle as a lot of users expected. Users also expected the Tripper navigation to be included in this version, but it’s not included too. Dual channel ABS is standard like in the previous version which is not switchable. About the break, we get a 320 mm front disc as well as a red disc. We get slipper clutch which provides a lighter shifting.
Pricing – Starts at 2.75 lakhs ex-show room for the single tone variant 2.83 lakhs for the double tone variant and around 2.91 lakhs for the chrome variant.